- Arizona residents 18 years or older may submit a proposal for consideration.
- While non-traditional altars will be considered, all altars submitted should reflect this year's theme and the traditions of Día de los Muertos.
- Up to 10 proposals will be selected for exhibition. Due to limited space, not all proposals will be accepted.
- Altars must be freestanding, no more than 3 ft deep by 4 ft long and no taller than 8 ½ ft; you must supply a table or base for your altar. Anything placed on the floor must be contained within the 3 ft by 4 ft area. Small objects should be at least 36 in. from the floor.
- Please do not include valuable or irreplaceable items.
- Nothing may be taped, pinned or nailed to the gallery walls or ceiling. Any part of your altar that needs to hang must be suspended from the hanging rail located a few inches from the ceiling.
- You must install and remove your altar on the dates indicated (see timeline). Please bring all supplies and tools needed to create/dismantle your altar.
Every effort will be made to ensure the safe handling of submitted materials; however, @Central Gallery, Phoenix Public Library, City of Phoenix and Friends of the Phoenix Public Library are not responsible for any loss or damage.