Fees for overdue materials may be paid at any Library location. Fees may also be paid online.
Phoenix Public Library uses a collection agency to recover overdue materials when your account balance exceeds $75. Overdue charges are as follows:
- Adult/Teen books, CDs, Audiobooks, DVDs, videos: 20 cents per item per day
- Children's books, CDs, Audiobooks: 10 cents per item per day
Maximum Overdue Charges
- Adult/Teen books, CDs, Audiobooks, DVDs, videos: $10.00
- Children's books, CDs, Audiobooks: $5.00
- Lost/damaged items: cost of item
The maximum amount of fees allowed on a card is $25. Fees in excess of $25 must be paid before the card can be re-used.
Avoid overdue fees - use the bookdrop! After Library hours, you can use the outside bookdrop to return your materials. Any items returned in the bookdrop before opening the next day will be checked in as if they were returned on the previous day.