REF 780.2373 B2928m 2006
- Floor 2 Career Opportunities - No Checkout
In Library Use Only
"The new Eighth Edition of the Music Business Handbook and Career Guide maintains the tradition of this classic text as the most comprehensive, up-to-date guide to the $100 billion music industry. This new Eighth Edition expands on hot-button music business issues such as digital downloads, piracy, and record company transformations. Thoroughly revised, the Eighth Edition shares a particular emphasis on online music and its impact on the rest of the industry. The Eighth Edition also includes complete coverage of all aspects of the music industry, including songwriting, publishing, licensing, artist management, promotion, retailing, media, and much more."--BOOK JACKET.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 557-561) and index.
Foreword / Stan Cornyn
2. The music business system
3. Professional songwriting
4. Music publishing
5. Music copyright
6. Music licensing
7. Agents, managers, and attorneys
8. Artists' recording contracts
9. Unions and guilds
10. Artist management
11. Record production
12. Concert production
13. Arts administration
14. Music products
15. Scope of the recording industry
16. Record promotion, distribution, and retailing
17. Record markets
18. The digital age
19. Music in radio
20. Music in television
21. Dramatic scoring for motion pictures and TV
22. Music in advertising
23. Music and theater
24. Business music and production libraries
25. Career options
26. Starting your own business
27. Career development
28. What you need to know : about Canada's music scene / Richard Flohil
29. International copyright : the world market outside the United States / Phil Hardy and Dave Laing.
What is the Rotten Tomatoes Tomatometer?
The Tomatometer measures the percentage of Approved Tomatometer Critics who recommend a certain movie --
or the number of good reviews divided by the total number of reviews.
A good review is denoted by a FRESH tomato.
A bad review is denoted by a ROTTEN tomato.
In order for a movie to receive an overall rating of FRESH on Rotten Tomatoes, the reading on the Tomatometer for that movie must be at
least 60%. Otherwise, it is ROTTEN. The ratings and reviews are licensed by the Phoenix Public Library from Rotten Tomatoes. For more information,
please visit the Rotten Tomatoes website at www.rottentomatoes.com