Be a bright spot in someone’s day! Burton Barr Central Library Navigators are a group of friendly volunteers whose mission is to make our library users' experience faster, easier and more enjoyable. Navigator volunteers provide directions, information and friendly assistance at the Welcome Desk at Burton Barr Central Library. They also serve as a welcoming presence to over 1,000 library customers each day.
Navigators enjoy a sense of community, camaraderie and have a lot of fun in an exciting environment. As an Navigator you can enjoy;
- Serving the community and making new friends.
- Developing new skills.
- Being appreciated by all who work at the Library!
- Great communications skills
- Able to commit to at least 1 two hour or four hour shift per week
- Stamina to complete two - four hours of service with one 20 minute break
- Able to pass an background check
Complete a Navigator Application or call 602-363-4636 for more information. The program application is available year-round.