Play the Summer Reading Game
Reading for at least 20 minutes a day helps build a strong lifelong reading habit.
Read and log at least 20 minutes per day for entry into weekly prize drawings!
Sign up today and begin logging your reading minutes June 1.
Prizes! Drawings! Badges! Excitement!
Earn prizes, discover exciting challenges, earn badges, and attend fun events for even more points at your local library.
1 point = 1 minute of reading
- All participants may choose a free used book provided the Friends of the Phoenix Public Library.
- Pre-readers receive a free reusable tote bag.
- Kids ages 0-14 receive a coupon for a free personal pan pizza from Peter Piper Pizza (while supplies last).
- Teens ages 12-17 receive a free water bottle.
Prizes, drawings, and badge secret codes
At 500 points
Chipotle coupon (while supplies last)
At 1000 points
- All participants will receive a voucher for a free new book of their choice from a list of titles.
- Kids will receive a special award medal for reading.
- Kids will automatically be entered in the Grand Prize drawing (to take place on August 2) for one of 15 family memberships to the Children's Museum of Phoenix, the Phoenix Zoo, or the Arizona Science Center.
- Adults will automatically be entered in the Grand Prize drawing for a membership to the Phoenix Art Museum or the Heard Museum.
Every 100 points
Children and teens may earn up to $50 per person in $5 off fine reduction coupons during summer reading. Every 100 points earns $5 off. See library staff for details.
Kids who earn at least 140 points in a week will be eligible for weekly drawing prizes.
Badge secret codes
Attend programs, visit the library and more for badge secret codes that are worth points! See library staff for details.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for daily library news, features, and for bonus badge secret codes.